Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dancing feet of the midnight…



Behind me trail the shadows
From before I kissed the sky,
From before I ever met you
From before we said goodbye,
When the shadows were unheard of
Through our silver filigree,
And the only thing I trusted
Was the love you gave to me.
The dancing feet of midnight
Kept the morning far away,
Like that never ending moment
At the dawning of the day,
When I knew that I was dreaming
Like a seabird in the air,
As the reminiscent breezes
Gently wandered through my hair.
But there is a time for darkness
And another time for light,
Like the fading of an evening
And the gift of second sight,
Though behind the waiting shadows
In the softly falling rain
Is an image of tomorrow
And the easing of my pain...

4 comments:

Shal said...

heart felt write !

jagadeesh said...

Loved the flow and the tender feeling the write is filled with. Very well written. I still have to read again for the hidden treasure trove, to get the meanings out. I know there is more to it than that meets the eye!

Bharath said...

I'm beyond words granny!!
Feeling here are wrapped to perfection..
So so wonderfully put across..!!
A lovely pen!!

Ri said...

beautiful lines dear, but i can see the pain behind those words..