Monday, February 2, 2009

Did u come to Earth that day???

Did you come to Earth that day
whilst I sat in my room
and fretted about tiny inconsequential things
that no longer matter to me?

Did you walk upon some dusty path
besides a silvery sunlit stream
and pause to admire the small,
star-shaped flowers that grew on its banks,
the trailing weeds of river-hair hiding little darting fish,
the delicate ballet of a transparent water-spider
dancing upon the surface,
the whirls and currents of tiny luminous bubbles
constantly moving and flowing in endless configurations
of creation and destruction
like miniature galaxies
and nebulae in their own watery universe?

When you sat upon the warm soft moss
amidst the sunbeams and clean fresh air,
with butterflies and insects and great golden bees
all about you and small inquisitive animals
observing you quietly from the sanctuary
of their hedgerow hideaways and burrows,
did I give you a moments thought as I turned
some petty grudge over and over in my mind?

When a milkmaid came and offered you some milk
and the effulgence of your radiant smile
was like a beacon of benevolence,
did I ever pause to remember the wonderful opportunity
of birth in a human body or stop for a moment
to simply listen to the birds singing outside my window?

And when you preached the Love
to the assembled pieces of one Heart,
who had come from all quarters of the Universe
to listen to you,
did I not even then put down my weary,
useless burden of sorrows and woes,
of little feuds and niggling negativities,
and cross the threshold of my door
to smell the rain-sweet meadows
and honey-rich bounty of summer?

Oh poor me, that I squandered
this precious life so worthlessly,
lying in some stupour of dissatisfaction
upon my shadowed cot,
watching abstract puppet-plays upon the walls
whilst you, in all your beauty and glory
walked about in the World
to spread Love and make me,
ME again!!

2 comments:

jagadeesh said...

You can do anything, but never be frugal in love. Squandering, among them, is perfectly allowed!

Good narration, I loved the overall casual flow this write has. :)

Soumya said...

You have your with way expressions and the deliverance. The natural flow is wonderful :)