Monday, February 2, 2009

Visitors

I was half expecting visitors
But then you happened by,
I knew I needed cheering up
And knew exactly why,
Returning to an empty home
Had brought things home to me,
Just like a captured melody
That struggles to be free.

Through my window, lonely clouds
Are strolling slowly on,
Just like my happy memories
Were here, and now are gone,
And when the daylight fades away
Within the setting sun,
My softly chaptered poetry
I feel has just begun.

As in those setting moments
When the sunlight paints the sky,
I saw you in my garden
And at once, I knew just why,
A robin on my window sill
Could make me feel this way,
For summers fading serenade
Will come back soon one day.

I was half expecting visitors
Who never make me frown,
Who always make me smile again
When I am feeling down,
And when the sacred evening comes
Ill sing a different tune,
A duet of togetherness
With my old friend the moon..

No comments: